The start of SailsLife

SailsLife is a small business of mine which is divvied up into two parts. The first is that I build small boats for people looking for reconstructed antique style boats. Second is that I am still going to school so during the winter I am not near my shop, so I do small repairs, cleanup of boats, etc. Mostly common maintenance for any looking for a little help on their boats.

If you need some help with you boat or my be interested in me building a boat for you here is my contact information. I am very good at checking email if that is your preference. Thanks for looking!

Email: SailsLife1@gmail.com

Friday, April 4, 2008

SailsLIfe

Welcome to SailsLife! This blog is about my experiences building and maintaining boats. I have just a few months ago finished building my first small sail boat and will continue to make at least one boat of some kind each summer. The first sailboat I made was a small puddle duck, and for those that have never heard of a puddle duck it is not a regular boat it is actually a rectangle and does not have a pointed bow! But building this boat was the best experience I ever had i learned so many things and it also helped me gain more experience. This summer i am planing on building two kayaks or more if time permits and selling them for about $1000 each. These will be no ordinary kayaks though they will be beautifully handcrafted wooden kayaks, very light and elegant. Well this is my introduction and what I will blogging about so stay in touch for all the updates from now until completion of each boat!

No comments: